To supervise, support, develop and train adults with variety of special needs in horticultural activities for their physical and mental wellbeing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Implement, develop and establish a program of horticultural training awards including the ‘Grow and Learn Award’
2. Maintain and develop the GROW garden.
3. Help develop commercial opportunities.
4. Support the operations of the nursery and Botanic Gardens.
5. Recruit, develop and support a network of volunteers to help the project
6. Liaise with parents, carers, guardians, support workers, social workers and other individuals and organisations as required.
7. To provide cover as required.
8. Gardening –To be practically involved in all areas of the gardens and support those with additional needs in their activities. A good level of physical fitness is required.
9. Ensure legislative compliance in all areas, including safe working practices in accordance with current health and safety legislation and to carry out health and safety procedures as required by HLH.
10. To always comply with HLH Code of Conduct and Role Model Behaviours
11. Responsibility for the security of the building ensuring opening and closing procedures are followed. Be a key holder and be able to respond to out-of-hours call outs.
12. Ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the GROW project including toilets.
13. To support in the delivery of our obligations to Highland Council, NHS, BID and other trusted partners and stakeholders.
14. To work with the Facility Manager to achieve the objectives of High Life Highland.
You may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may be varied without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are common occurrence and would not themselves justify reconsideration of the grading. Because of such variations it will be necessary to update this job specifications from time to time.