- Organisation and management of HOPE Garden, staff, trainees and volunteers
- Responsibility for trainees’ health and wellbeing, and involvement in HOPE projects.
- Developing appropriate learning programmes for people with learning difficulties.
- Facilitating regular garden meetings with those involved in the project, in order to gather feedback and evaluate the project
- Develop the long term potential of the garden by participating in strategic discussions.
- Foster an open teamwork approach between colleagues, trainees, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Help with the implementation of relevant areas of HOPE Business Plan
- Liaise with Trustees on development of new garden projects
- Identify funding sources and prepare applications for the charity
- Provide regular reports for trustees meetings
- Attend joint staff/trustees meetings
Day to Day Operational Management
- Develop volunteer programme including recruitment, training, support and supervision of current and new volunteers
- Organise volunteer support meetings and identify any training needs
- Develop a range of opportunities at the garden
- Provide support for Head Gardener and organise and record staff team meetings
- Provide support and supervision to the Shop and Admin Assistant
- Organise User Group yearly meeting and/or development days.
Communication and organisational duties
- Support the HOPE ethos of valuing all individuals and supporting people to reach their potential
- Communicate the work and ethos of HOPE to outside agencies
- Actively seek out links with organisations and schools which could contribute to HOPE’s development
- Attend relevant training sessions, seminars and conferences
- Support fundraising and income generation activities and develop new funding initiatives
- Promote HOPE through presentations to local community groups and organisations
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Commitment to person-centred values
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a patient, flexible and non-judgmental manner
- Self-reflective, self-aware and able to give and accept feedback
- Willingness to undertake additional training as appropriate
- A current driving licence and access to a car is essential
- IT skills essential, including use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
An application form and job specification are available for download from our website at www.hopeorganicgarden.org.uk. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and job specification.
Closing date Friday 21th May 2021 at 5pm
Interviews to be held week in line with government guidelines, it is expected that the interviews will take place via a Zoom link.