Community Engagement Worker
Forfar Open Garden
£15 per hour.
Based at Lochside Road
25 hours per week,
Type of Contract:
Fixed term for 1 year. Potential for extension, dependent on funding.
- Ensure the garden is planned, organised and attractive for both participants and the wider public.
- Develop and deliver volunteering opportunities at the garden that promote the objectives and values of Forfar Open Garden
- Responsible for the maintenance of buildings, tools and equipment, and security of the garden.
- raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels
- Identify and support opportunities to generate income from plant, produce sales and workshops aimed at paying customers to support aims of garden.
- increasing funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match our charity's aims and activities in relation to Forfar Open Garden
- Research and engage individuals, companies and businesses interested in developing therapeutic, community Gardening.
- Developing Forfar Open Garden to be a forum for discussion, idea sharing, undertake co-operative actions and develop courses dependent on identified needs of those attending.
- Organising and running public engagement events.
- Research, develop and plan programmes of events and courses at the Garden and other sites where appropriate
- Promote the garden via the provision of talks, presentations and participation in events and activities.
- report your performance to managers and Trustees
Education Attainment & Accreditation
- Formal qualification (degree or similar) in a horticultural/biological/environmental science/countryside management or education discipline. Other subject areas or equivalent experience will be considered.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to produce promotional materials, develop web site pages and maintain social media
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the Internet).
- Understanding and interest in horticulture, wildlife, ecology and nature conservation.
- An appreciation of local and central government policies and directives
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- A proven enthusiasm for the outdoors and education and an ability to share it with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good facilitator who can integrate and coordinate the work of others to deliver results
- Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as a member of a close-knit team
- Unwavering ethical, safety, environmental and responsibility value
- networking and negotiating skills
- a creative approach to problem solving
- organisation, planning and administration skills
- skills in researching, analysing and writing reports
Wednesday, 19 May, 2021
Friday, 21 May, 2021
Forfar Open Garden (FOG) SCO45844 Forfar Open Garden is an established charity operating a thriving community garden, easily accessible, close to Forfar Loch in the centre of town. Mission Our mission is to use gardening and nature, to improve the physical, mental and social wellbeing of people. Vision Our vision is to provide a community resource that promotes the medium of gardening and the experience of nature as a healthful and therapeutic activity. We wish to inspire our community to use and learn growing skills, connect with nature and to build meaningful relationships with nature and people. Our beautiful and inspiring garden will be accessible for all to volunteer in, visit and enjoy.