To work as part of the Greener Kirkcaldy team to support the volunteers who develop and maintain our community garden and orchard at Ravenscraig Walled Gardens in Kirkcaldy.
Ravenscraig Community Orchard was planted in 2012, and shares Ravenscraig Walled Garden with allotments and other community growing projects. Greener Kirkcaldy manages the orchard plus a large training allotment within the Walled Garden. We run volunteer gardening sessions 2 days per week, and organise workshops and events at the Gardens. The objectives of the project are to provide
- great volunteering and educational opportunities
- the facilities, training and inspiration to encourage local people to grow and eat fruit and vegetables
- a resource of healthy food for the community
- To assist the Project Leader in coordinating volunteer gardening sessions.
- To support the volunteers to develop the site in line with the relevant plans and designs.
- To ensure that the site is well-maintained.
- To assist with the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems.
- To provide 1 to 1 support for volunteers with additional support needs.
- To engage with volunteers and members of the public in a positive and constructive way and ensure their needs are met.
- To take an inclusive and empowering ‘community development’ approach.
- To communicate effectively with others.
- To work with team members to achieve goals.
- To work constructively with project partners.
- To report on the success of allocated tasks.
- To comply fully with the organisation ethos, policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- To attend project meetings as required.
- To undertake other duties in line with the job purpose.