online Seasonal Gardening
ONLINE Seasonal Gardening Activities Training Programme
Share the joys of life through gardening!
NEW from September 2020 - Enrolling throughout the year.
To enrol click here
To order the practical kit or the resource folder for on-line learning click here
Trellis training helps you to boost your professional development with lots of practical gardening activities to engage clients and residents, both indoors and out, throughout the year. Support your clients:
- Stimulate reminiscence, conversation and engage the senses
- Enable meaningful, light-hearted interactions with staff, family & visiting community groups
- Increase self-esteem through sharing skills and expertise
- Demonstrate care e.g. promotion of physical activity & free choice
- Provide distraction and pain relief for those with long term conditions
Be confident leading gardening activities:
- No prior knowledge required
- 4 units - Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter
- Practical training delivered by video and resoeurces online - no travel, no fuss
- Certificates awarded
- Learn how to engage your clients
- Adapt activities for different abilities
- Plan & deliver appropriate activities
- Gain confidence in gardening skills.
- Easy to complete units
- Practical Kits & Resource Packs delivered to you.
Autumn Unit 2020 available from 29th September - 30th November
Winter Unit available 1st December - 29th February
Spring Unit available 1st March - 31st May
Summer Unit available 1st June - 31st August
The Autumn Unit covers:
Autumn - How Autumn affects plant growth, Seasonal Signifiers, What can be done in the garden at this time of year.
Gardening Activities - Saving Seed, Dividing Plants and Potting On, Planting Bulbs, Planting peas & Beans, Paper Plate Art
Developing Adaptive & Engagement Techniques - Adapting gardening activities; Engaging your clients; The Importance of Planning & Reflecting on your Gardening Activities.
To view courses and enrol, go to https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
To order the Practical Kit or the Resource Folder please click here
"Highly recommend this course; it is inspiring, extremely engaging, practical and relevant to many settings...”
Gillian, Seasonal Gardening Activities Training student