Online Seasonal Gardening Activities
Online Learning - Seasonal Gardening Activities
Share the joys of life through gardening!
NOW Available FREE Taster Unit: An Introduction to Seasonal Gardening Activities
Gardening activities are fun, immersive and sensory, bringing many benefits to wellbeing. We aim to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to try out the gardening activities in this taster unit, with your clients. This introductory unit provides a flavour of the certificated and assessed Seasonal Gardening Activities training programme (details below). Try it out! Create an account at https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
'I've loved this course [Spring Unit] despite my hectic life at present and I am going to present this to staff as a good example of CPD in our Work-Linked Learning course!'
(Teacher of young people with learning disabilities).
Summer Unit - Enrolling from 1st June 2021
To enrol, create an account at https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
Unit cost: £85
Units are designed to boost your professional development with lots of practical gardening activities to engage clients and residents, both indoors and out, throughout the year. Support your clients:
- Stimulate reminiscence, conversation and engage the senses
- Enable meaningful, light-hearted interactions with staff, family & visiting community groups
- Increase self-esteem through sharing skills and expertise
- Demonstrate care e.g. promotion of physical activity & free choice
- Provide distraction and pain relief for those with long term conditions
Be confident leading gardening activities:
- No prior knowledge required
- 4 units - Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter
- Practical training delivered by video and resources online - no travel, no fuss
- Certificates awarded
- Learn how to engage your clients
- Adapt activities for different abilities
- Plan & deliver appropriate activities
- Gain confidence in gardening skills.
- Easy to complete units
- Resource Packs available to buy from the Trellis Online Shop
- contains all the Activity Sheets required for the Unit plus lots of additional gardening activitity ideas for you to carry out with your clients. Full colour print sheets and folder.
Units are available every year:
Winter Unit available 1st December - 29th February
Spring Unit available 1st March - 31st May
Summer Unit available 1st June - 31st August
Autumn Unit available 1st September - 30th November
To view courses and enrol, create an account at https://learning.trellisscotland.org.uk/
For any further information please contact Course Creator: Jenny Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org
"Highly recommend this course; it is inspiring, extremely engaging, practical and relevant to many settings...”
Gillian, Seasonal Gardening Activities Training student