The Garden Project will work with people who have been involved in offending or face other barriers to employment and social inclusion.
We are looking to recruit an Educational Gardener to help us move our project into the next stage of its development. You will have extensive horticultural experience, preferably with experience of or an interest in food growing and/or wildlife gardening. A proven track record of developing and managing projects is also essential as is experience of working with volunteers/community work.
Necessary skills and qualifications include;
- Demonstrable experience of successful project planning from idea, through implementation to completion
- Minimum three years’ horticultural experience with good technical knowledge of plants, tools, horticultural processes and strong plant identification skills
- Recognised Level 3 qualification in horticulture or a related subject
- Extensive experience of working with and supervising volunteers including an ability to teach volunteers by example the principles of good horticultural practice
- An understanding of how community-based organisations work and previous experience of working for, or participating in, a community-based organisation
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups/individuals
Knowledge of and a commitment to working within Health and Safety legislation including site risk assessment is essential and a recognised qualification would be an advantage. Induction training will be given.
Work patterns will vary but there is a requirement for some weekend work to suit the needs of the project
Membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG) is a requirement for this post.
Sacro Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
31 days annual leave plus 6 fixed public holidays, pro rata
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Mary Thomson on 01698 337208
For an application pack visit http://www.sacro.org.uk